About Us

Over 200 years old...

The Woodman, originally consisting of two cottages built in 1727, began selling ale in 1868 under the ownership of retired police sergeant Henry Wale. Its position, opposite the Pound, resulted in the locally famous quip that the Woodman is the only pub where pints are sold by the pound.

These days we remain a local historical pub with a conservatory extension and large beer garden for locals and visitors to enjoy a cold pint, homemade food and a homely atmosphere.